Find a Fence Installation and Repair Expert Near You
4.5/5 Stars (1421 reviews)
4.5/5 Stars (1421 reviews)
Get Your Job Done in 3 Steps
Fenceadvise.com find the top-rated contractor
Contractor gives you an estimate
Compare estimates and hire a contractor
Chain Link Fence Installation
Our network of experienced fence contractors can handle all your chain link fence needs, from installation to repair
Vinyl Fence Installation
We understand the importance of having a low-maintenance and attractive fence, and we strive to connect you with the best contractors in your area
Wood Fence Installation
Whether you need a new wood fence installed or repairs made to an existing one, our contractors can provide the expertise and services you need
Privacy Fence Installation
When it comes to privacy fence installation and repair, we can help you connect with a local expert. This may involve replacing damaged panels, fixing or replacing posts
Common Types of Fences available for Installation
Chain Link Fences
These are made of steel or aluminum and are known for their affordability and versatility. They are commonly used for both residential and commercial properties and provide a secure barrier while still allowing visibility.
These are made of PVC plastic and are known for their low-maintenance, weather-resistant, and easy-to-clean properties. They come in a variety of colors and styles and are a great option for those looking for a fence that lasts longer than wood.
These are made of wooden planks or panels and are popular due to their natural appearance, affordability, and versatility. They can be stained or painted to match the surrounding landscape.
These are designed to provide privacy and security, typically made from solid materials such as wood, vinyl, or steel. They often feature vertical panels or boards without any gaps or spaces. They can range from 6-8 feet tall and are a popular option for homeowners who want to create a private outdoor space.
Wrought Iron Fences
These are made of iron and are known for their durability and attractive appearance. They are commonly used for decorative purposes and are often used to enhance the aesthetic of a property.
These are made of steel and are known for their strength and durability. They are weather-resistant and available in a range of styles, making them a great option for those looking for a strong and secure fence.
These are made of aluminum and are known for their durability, low maintenance, and resistance to rust and corrosion. They come in a variety of colors and styles and are a great option for those looking for a fence that is both attractive and long-lasting.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Fencing Company
When choosing a fencing company, it’s important to consider several factors to ensure you find the right fit for your needs. These factors include:
- Experience: Choose a company with a proven track record of delivering quality work and a good reputation in the community.
- Services: Make sure the company offers the services you need, such as installation, repair, and maintenance.
- Price: Consider the cost of the project, but don’t make price the only factor in your decision. Look for a company that offers fair prices and good value for your money.
- Material options: Ensure the company offers the types of fencing materials you’re interested in and can provide samples or references.
- Insurance and licensing: Make sure the company is insured and licensed, to protect you and your property in case of any accidents or damages.
- References: Ask the company for references and check them to get a better understanding of their work and customer satisfaction.
- Communication: Good communication is key to a successful project. Choose a company that is responsive and easy to work with.
Factors affecting the Cost of various Fence Installations and repair
The cost of fence installations and repairs can vary greatly depending on several factors, including:
- Material: Different materials have different costs, with wood and vinyl being some of the most affordable options, while aluminum and wrought iron are more expensive.
- Size: The cost of a fence will increase with its size, as more materials and labor are required for larger installations.
- Location: The cost of fencing can also be influenced by the location, with installations in more urban areas typically costing more due to higher labor and material costs.
- The difficulty of installation: The complexity of the installation and the need for special equipment and skills can also impact the cost.
- Repair costs: The cost of repairs will depend on the type of fence and the extent of the damage. Simple repairs may only cost a few hundred dollars, while more extensive repairs or replacements can cost thousands of dollars.
Below are rough estimates for the cost of various fence installations and repairs:
- Wood fence installation: $1,000 – $5,000
- Vinyl fence installation: $2,000 – $7,000
- Aluminum fence installation: $3,000 – $10,000
- Wrought iron fence installation: $5,000 – $20,000
- Simple fence repair: $100 – $1,000
- Major fence replacement: $2,000 – $10,000
It’s important to note that these are rough estimates and actual costs will depend on the specific circumstances of each project. It’s recommended to get quotes from multiple fencing companies to compare costs and ensure you’re getting a fair price for the work.
Maintenance and Upkeep of Fences
Here are some tips for maintaining and preserving your fence:
- Cleaning: Regular cleaning is important to remove dirt, debris, and other buildups that can cause damage to the fence over time. Cleaning methods will vary depending on the material, but a gentle soap and water solution is often enough for most types of fences.
- Inspections: Regular inspections of your fence can help you identify any issues early and take action to prevent further damage. Look for signs of rot, rust, loose posts, or any other damage that may affect the stability of your fence.
- Repairs: Small repairs such as tightening loose screws or replacing damaged pickets should be carried out promptly to prevent further damage and to extend the life of your fence.
- Painting/Staining: Depending on the material, you may need to repaint or restain your fence to protect it from the elements and maintain its appearance.
- Prevention: Regularly treating your fence with a protective coating can help prevent damage from moisture, sunlight, and other elements.
- Professional Maintenance: Consider hiring a professional fence contractor to carry out regular maintenance and repairs. This will ensure that your fence is maintained to the highest standards and that any issues are addressed promptly.
Our Research and Sources
Fence advice websites strive to provide their readers with accurate and up-to-date information by gathering information from credible sources such as government agencies, academic institutions, industry associations, and certified professionals in the field of fencing.
The information is carefully reviewed, fact-checked, and verified for credibility, and the websites continuously monitor the industry and update their information regularly.
To ensure that the information provided is trustworthy, fence advice sites may also seek the opinions of experts in the field to provide additional insights and perspectives. By using these methods, fence advice websites aim to help their readers make informed decisions about their fencing needs.