Installing vinyl fences over block walls is a common practice. Vinyl can be installed in just about any location, but it’s most commonly used in the front yard area of a home or business. This type of installation takes some time and effort, but the end result will be an attractive addition to your property that lasts for many years without showing signs of wear and tear.
Vinyl Fence Concrete/Wood Post Mount Tower with Mounting Kit
This is a perfect solution for securing your vinyl fence posts to a concrete slab. This kit is specifically designed to fit 5″x5″ vinyl fence posts with a wall thickness of .150 or less and is suitable for use with end, corner, or line posts.
Process to Install Vinyl Fence on Top Of Block Wall
We’ve included step-by-step instructions on how to install a vinyl fence on top of a block wall:
- Gather tools and materials: Before starting the installation process, gather all the necessary tools and materials. You’ll need a level, measuring tape, a circular saw, a drill, masonry bits, concrete blocks, concrete adhesive, vinyl fence concrete mounts, vinyl fence posts, rails, caps, panels, and screws.
- Measure and plan: Measure the length of the block wall where you want to install the fence. Then, plan the number of concrete blocks, vinyl fence panels, posts, rails, and concrete mounts you’ll need based on your measurements.
- Cut concrete blocks: Cut the concrete blocks to the desired height using a circular saw. Make sure to wear protective gear, such as safety glasses and earplugs, while cutting the blocks.
- Prepare the block wall: Clean the block wall thoroughly to ensure proper adhesion of the concrete blocks. Then, apply concrete adhesive to the back of each concrete block.
- Install concrete blocks: Place the concrete blocks on top of the block wall, making sure they’re level. Repeat this process until you have a solid base for the fence to rest on. Let the adhesive dry completely.
- Install concrete mounts: Drill pilot holes into the concrete blocks using masonry bits. Then, place the vinyl fence concrete mounts on top of the blocks and secure them in place with screws. Use this Vinyl Fence Mount.
- Install fence posts: Insert the vinyl fence posts into the concrete mounts, making sure they’re secure.
- Install vinyl fence panels: Slide the vinyl fence panels into the fence posts, making sure they’re secure. Attach the panels to the posts using screws.
- Install rails and caps: Attach the rails to the fence posts using screws. Then, place the caps on top of the posts to give the fence a finished look.
- Check for level: Use a level to make sure the fence panels, rails, and posts are straight and level. Adjust them as necessary.
- Finish the installation: Repeat the process of installing concrete blocks, concrete mounts, fence posts, vinyl fence panels, rails, and caps along the entire length of the block wall until the entire fence is installed.
How to Attach A Vinyl Gate to a Block Wall?
There are many ways to attach a vinyl gate to a block wall. You could use a concrete fastener or a screw that goes into the mortar between the blocks. Both of these methods will work, but the best way is to use a bolt that bolts into the block and is then attached to the gate via lag bolts.
Here is a step-by-step process to attach a vinyl gate to a block wall.
Step-1: Buy the right size of gate rails, and attach them to the wall.
Step-2: Buy the right size of hinges, and attach them to the gate.
Step-3: Cut the vinyl gate material to size, and attach it to the hinges.
Step-4: Attach the latch to the gate.
Step-5: Finally, attach the handle to the gate.
Get Free Quote
Quickly Find a Fence Installation, Repair Contractor Near you
Looking for a reliable fence installation or repair contractor in your area? Look no further! Fill out the form below to receive a free, no-obligation quote from one of our experienced professionals.
Our contractors are experienced and dedicated to providing the highest quality fence services. With a quick response time and competitive pricing, you can trust us to handle all of your fencing needs. Get started today and see the difference a high-quality fence can make for your property!
How Do You Attach Vinyl Lattice To Block Walls?
If your home has a block wall, you’ve likely considered adding lattice to the exterior. This guide will walk you through the process of attaching vinyl lattice to the block wall.
Step 1: Measure the lattice to the width of the block wall. Use a T square to measure both horizontal and vertical lines across your block wall. Then measure up one inch from each line and mark it on your lattice with a pencil. This will be where you attach your lattice to the wall.
Step 2: Use metal snips to cut the lattice. Cut the lattice along your horizontal and vertical lines. You should have four pieces of lattice that are one inch longer than your block wall.
Step 3: Use a power drill to drill holes in the lattice. Drill holes every 12 inches on each piece of lattice.
Step 4: Place the first piece of lattice against the block wall and mark where you will need to attach it with nails. The lattice should be flush with the wall.
Step 5: Attach the lattice to the block wall using nails and a hammer. Repeat this process for each piece of lattice that you have purchased.
- How long does vinyl fence last ?
- Can you paint white vinyl fence ?
- Can you use magic eraser on vinyl fence ?
Can You Fix Fence Panels To A Wall?
Yes, you can fix fence panels to a wall. You need to be careful that the panels are fixed properly, though. The first step is to choose the right screws and fixings.
The general rule when it comes to fixing wood to a wall is that the wood has to be twice as thick as the fixing. This isn’t strictly true when it comes to fence panels, but it’s a good rule of thumb.
Once you’ve got the right screws, you need to drill holes in the fence panel for them. You should use a drill bit that’s about the same size as the screw.
The next step is to make sure that the fence panel is level and plumb. You can do this by using a spirit level or a straight edge. Once you’ve done this, you can start fixing the fence panel to the wall.
Find the right fence contractor for your project
With the right tools and materials, installing a vinyl fence on top of a block wall can be pretty easy. This is a process that takes time. But once done you will be amazed at your work. We hope this has been a helpful guide for you!
At FenceAdvise, we pride ourselves on being the most reliable and trustworthy source of fencing information. Our articles are based on only the highest quality sources, including peer-reviewed studies, to ensure that our readers always have access to accurate information. Read more about our Editorial Guidelines, About Us.