When it comes to fence installation, the first thing that pops into most people’s minds is getting their new fence up as quickly and economically as possible. However, there are some factors that need to be considered before you make your final decision on what type of fencing to purchase.
One of these factors involves the problem of settling or shifting posts over time. This could lead to a variety of problems such as sagging wire, gaps in the fencing itself, and even worse… someone (or something) could get hurt.
One of the easiest ways to prevent this from happening is by installing a vinyl fence post stiffener on each post before you set it in the ground.
Advantages Of Using Vinyl Fence Stiffener
Here are some advantages of using vinyl fence stiffener:
- Vinyl fence stiffener is a relatively inexpensive and easy way to make your vinyl fence or any other type of fence stand up straight. It can be used on top of a wire mesh or vinyl mesh with pre-staples already in place.
- Fence stiffeners are typically made from galvanized steel wire that comes in various gauges (usually 18 gauge) and lengths (usually 8-12 feet).
- Stiffener can also be used as a temporary fence for areas where you anticipate building another fence or it’s for short-term use. It’s easy to install and remove.
- The stiffener can be used with vinyl mesh or wire mesh for building a temporary fence around an area you’re working on or it can be used as a permanent fence that you don’t need to take down after the project is complete.
- Vinyl fence stiffeners are typically available in rolls of 100 feet or less, so they are easier to transport than steel fence panels which come in rolls of 500 feet or more.
How Do You Stiffen a Vinyl Fence Post?
If you’re searching for a vinyl fence post, you need to get some PVC pipe and cut it in half. You can then use the PVC pipe, which is usually hollow, to pour cement into by drilling a hole in the bottom of the pipe.
Fill the pipe with cement, and then put it at the base of the post. You’ll need to make sure the base of the post is in contact with the cement.
You’ll need to wait for about an hour for the cement to dry and harden. Once it has dried, you should be able to put a vinyl fence post on top of it. The post will be sturdy and you won’t have to worry about it moving around too much.
- How to Install Pre-Assembled Vinyl Fence Panels?
- How to do You Remove Rails from Vinyl Fence?
- Can You Use Magic Eraser on Vinyl Fence?
How to Stiffen a 5×5 Or 4×4 Aluminum Post Stiffener With Vinyl Fence Post ?
To stiffen a 5×5 aluminum post, the first thing you need to do is remove the old post. You can use a sledgehammer or an ax to get the job done.
The next step is to cut down a 2×4 to the width of your new post and as long as your old post is. You will then attach this 2×4 onto the bottom of your aluminum post with a 6-inch lag bolt and washer on each side. You will also need a 3/8 inch drill bit.
Once you have drilled holes into the 2×4, you will use a post hole digger to dig a hole deep enough for the post. You will then push the post into the ground, attach it with another 6-inch lag bolt and washer on each side, and hammer in the lag bolts until they are tight.
Next, you will use a sledgehammer to pound in a metal fence post anchor around the bottom of your 2×4. This is necessary so that you can secure your vinyl fence to your aluminum post.
Best 5×5 Aluminum Post Insert (Recommended)
This package contains two 4′ x 4′ aluminum post stiffeners, which are approximately .0750″ thick. These aluminum post stiffeners are perfect for strengthening your PVC posts.
They come in different sizes and can be used to reinforce any gate, signpost, or mailbox. Just slip one on over a broken piece of equipment until it’s secure with screws provided – then you’re all set again thanks to this handy little product
Vinyl Fence Wind Kit With Post Stiffener
The Vinyl Fence and Railings Kit is a complete kit containing all the hardware needed to install a vinyl fence in high wind areas, including post stiffener, galvanized steel mesh lightweight wind posts, and railings.
How To Install Vinyl Fence Wind Kit With Post Stiffener?
The following are a few tips on how to install a vinyl fence wind kit with post stiffeners.
- Sketch the outline of your fence onto the ground, and mark the location of each post.
- Place your posts in the ground, making sure the bottom of the post is flush with the desired height.
- When you’re ready to install your first piece of vinyl fencing, attach it to one of your posts using a vinyl fence starter strip and use a nail gun to secure it to the post. Repeat this process for all other posts and pieces of vinyl fencing.
- Attach your vinyl fence wind kit to the top of each post using a nail gun.
- After installing your vinyl fence wind kit, fill in any holes in the ground with gravel or dirt.
- Finally, attach your vinyl fence gate to the posts and install hinges to secure it in place.
A vinyl fence post stiffener is a great product to use if you want to keep your vinyl fence posts sturdy. The best way to apply the product is by brushing it on in several thin layers. If you do this, the fence will remain sturdy for many years.